You are now 3/4ths of the way through Book 1, keep going! Etude is Dr. Suzuki's fifth piece in the book. Here are some tips and focus points that will help you master this piece:
- There is one sharp in the key signature, so you will use a low 2nd finger on the A and E string.
- The piece breaks up in 3 parts, so look for where each section starts and keep in mind that part 1 repeats.
- Part 1, 2 and 3 have groups of notes that repeat and G scale runs.
- Practice the song with legato, staccato and even bouncing the bow.
- Work on making the piece flow, the notes are all the same rhythm, except for the last note, so keep them all even.
- Play along with the video to understand how the songs is supposed to go.
- After you have piece learned, you will be ready to try the Variation, which is doubling each note like in Perpetual Motion.
What tips do you have for Etude? Feel free to ask questions, suggestions and concerns in the comment box. And if you want more help, try a free online lesson!