Congratulations you have started Faber Book Level 1. Your first piece is Firefly. Here are some tips and focus points that will help you master this piece:
- Prepare your hands in the C position: right hand thumb on C and left hand pinky on the lower C.
- The right hand starts, as you can see the notes in the Treble Clef staff is for the right hand. The left hand plays the bottom staff with the Bass Clef.
- Practice the right hand by itself 3-4 times, then do the same with the left hand. As you are playing each hand by itself watch your fingers that they stay curved and firm.
- Now, you are ready to try both hands together. Watch those fingers to keep them curved and firm.
- When you start putting both hands together, take your time and do not be in a hurry it will sound a lot better this way.
- Try the song 2-3 times without the book and see how much of the song you have mastered.
- Play the notes mf (mezzo forte) strong with firm fingers.
- Make the notes where you have a p really soft, because p means to play soft.
- Try the song in D, E and F position, it is going to sound a little different.