Here are some things to keep in mind when practicing this song:
1. Get into a good playing position.
2. Put the bow on the A string.
3. Use legato bowing, which is smooth bowing.
4. The song has two parts to it, they are similar, but keep in mind where they differ.
5. Listen to the video once, then play the song without the video, then play with the video.
6. Make the half notes two beats, it is easy to make them too short, use a long bow on each note.
7. Parents, have your child play the song with the music once then have them play it twice without the music, then add on note to what they know. Everyday they will know more and more until all of it is easy for them to play.