Thursday, March 5, 2015

Johann Sebastian Bach: A Passionate Life





     Every month, I talk with my private students about a composer in our lessons. One composer that I have put off until now has been J.S. Bach. He is such a great composer and has influenced my musical life. But this month I am going to introduce my students to Bach, especially since his music is all over the Suzuki books.

As part of my research on a composer I have started looking on Youtube for good biographies and I came upon this one. John Eliot Gardiner has already published a biography on Bach, "Bach-Music in the Castle of Heaven," so this documentary is very interesting.


I have enjoyed the background information on Bach and his family, the pictures of the countryside and all the great music along with it. Check out this great video!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, what do you think?